Sunday 31 January 2016

Rud 8: Curation Tools

I'd used Pinterest before but it wasn't for me. I know a lot of people who use it for wedding idea stuff. In my mind it's in the same cabinet as Etsy - I have no idea why!

#PinterestFail
 I have the Flipboard app on my phone but again I've never really used it. It's one of my phone apps to check out when I'm in a tech frame of mind. It DOES happen!

Storify on the other hand I use quite a bit. That said, all of my Storifies are in draft. One of the annoying things I've found about Storify is the length of time that for example tweets can be searched for. The Storify has to be run almost straight away. Like everything it's easy to write but the amount of time it takes to edit is much longer.  CILIP's Rare Books and Special Collections Group collate tweets from conferences (The Future of the Past) which is a good way of reading tweets without wading through things on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment