Sunday 31 January 2016

Rud 14: Augmented Reality

I've been interested in Augmented Reality ever since I started reading about them in the NMC Horizon Reports. When I got my iPad the first thing I did was download AR apps. Yes I know Flipboard isn't one but I thought it would be a good app to use with Augmented Reality.



Of course like all my other programs there they sat because I thought some special IT skill were required to use them. Now that I know that there are step-by-step guidelines I'm going to give it another go. We've an exhibition on Cervantes happening in April. I'm going to aim for that and see what I can do.

I downloaded the Anatomy 4D, not sure why because I was the person who fainted during the beginnner first aid course, but it was absolutely amazing. The skeleton was like a coloured-in Vesalius image and it just jumped off the screen. I can see why anyone interested in anatomy would like this app and I can imagine that small children would be both horrified and super interested. Win-win!

DAQRI Anatomy 4D Project

No comments:

Post a Comment