Sunday 31 January 2016

Rud 16: Collaboration Tools


When we were first setting up LibGuides at work we used Trello as a way of sharing information. We were mostly all based in the one building and the other building is only 10 minutes walk away anyway. I think Trello would be handy if people were scattered more by distance or time.

I use Google Drive with my Lotto syndicate. We take it in turns to collect from each other & go to the shop to buy the ticket. It's only Lotto Quick Pick, none of that 'I got the numbers from Lost' which I play every week. It's a handy way to keep track of who has paid and whose turn it is to go get the ticket. We haven't won big just the odd free scratch card!

I also use Google Drive when I'm on Twitter. Depending on the conference people add the Google Drive link to the document they're discussing. In this way I got access to Meaningful Metrics for Incoming College Students. I'm not involved with 1st year students that much but it's applicable much more so for incoming postgrads and by the time people come to Special Collections because it's that bit different they may feel like they're in 1st year again.

I used Google Drive to get access to material on #CharlestonShooting when I was preparing my presentation for HEAnet 2015 "Archiving the Social Media Presence of 'The River-side.'" When geographical distance is a factor Google Drive is brilliant for accessing material.

From next week I'll start working on a new group for 3D printing. For this I'll use Google Doodle to co-ordinate when people are free and most want a meeting. No one wants to have weighty discussions on a Friday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment