Saturday 30 January 2016

Rud 6: Reflective Practice

Hmm! I'm cheating a bit here because I'm doing all my posts at speed. Some I've had partially done and left in draft form. These are being revisited. Other posts are being done from scratch.

Reflections in the River Lee
 I'm used to reflective practice because I'm currently doing a course on teaching & learning with UCC. It's going pretty well - we've just started the second module and it's set to finish at the end of April 2016. At that point I can decide if I'm happy with the Postgrad Certificate or if I want to or can carry onto the Postgrad Diploma. Each week we have to read articles and / or watch videos about a certain topic. We're all part of a group (five others in mine) and we post to our group board each week. There are certain questions we have to answer and once we've posted on these questions then others in the group respond. We come from all academic disciplines and the way we approach things varies illustrating not only our discipline but also us as people.

I think the hardest thing about reflective practice is being honest and teasing out a particular problem. The thing is with Teaching & Learning having a problem isn't a problem but a source for research. See Randy Bass for more on this. Doing the Rudai 23 posts concurrently with the Teaching & Learning course has been really good for me.

From looking at other people's blogs it would seem that we're all in a similar boat - we find things that work for us and things that don't and being that we're in libraries we like to share this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment