Sunday 31 January 2016

Rud 19: The Legal Side of Things

Over the course of writing this blog I've included a number of images. If I took the photo I didn't include a URL or citation so anyone who reads my posts will think I stole them. If I didn't take the photo but took a screenshot then I cited it appropriately, for example the Audacity logo earlier. It was only for the last post that I remembered I needed to add the URL to my own photos.

I took the photos from my Tumblr account. When I set up the account Creative Commons' issues weren't a concern for me as I set up the account to explore how Tumblr might be used and to become more used to it. Now I must explore if Tumblr can be used with Creative Commons' licenses or not and place the requisite icons on my account.

Shona Thoma used one of the photos on her blog and messaged me on Twitter to ask permission. Was this because she couldn't find the requsite Creative Commons' icons? The photo she used:
http://cloudwalkerabroad.tumblr.com/image/83726356165
Yes it's important to have attribution and proper citing of images because otherwise it's a case of here today, gone tomorrow - not unlike these leaves!
http://cloudwalkerabroad.tumblr.com/image/100318736845

No comments:

Post a Comment