Thursday 19 October 2017

Thing 2: Hello Blogging, Old Friend

I love Thing 1 & 2! Hello Blogging, old friend - it's nice to see you again!

The first thing I do when I start a 23 Things programme is to check all my settings on Blogger and see what needs updating. Once I've that done, that's when I register my blog.

I also find it handy to check the settings on the work blog I contribute to: The River-side, to see what's missing or what can be adjusted.

So a bit more about why I've been busy over the last few weeks and not blogging as I ought to have been. Firstly it's a new semester at work (I work as Special Collections Librarian in UCC Library) and we've been doing introductory workshops, launching a new website, transferring content from the previous website for Special Collections and Special Collections' Subject Support (check out the Wayback Machine to see what we looked like this time last year!), creating a new Special Collections' guide for Outreach & Engagement, groups coming to Special Collections to see what sources we have that are useful for their modules, presenting at TEL week in UCC, presenting at the Digital Humanities Colloquium and preparing presentations for HEAnet 2017 and CONUL Teaching & Learning in November. The upshot of this is at the end of the day the last thing I really want to do is stare at a computer and do more work even though I really enjoy doing CPD activities.

Now that we're heading into Halloween a reasonable number of the classes that come to Special Collections have come & gone, I'm halfway through the number of formal presentations I willingly signed up to do (!) and I can re-advertise the Harry Potter guide I created last year. Already the word is out - Martin's fabulous Harry Potter signs in the library always help.
Credit: Soto, Domingo de. Commentariorum fratris Dominici Soto Segoviensis, theologi, Ordinis Praedicatorum, Caesareae Maiestati à sacris confessionibus, publici apud Salmanticenses professoris, in Quartum Sententiarum. Salmanticae [Salamanca]: Apud Ioannem Mariam à Terranoua, expensis Benedicti Boyerii bibliopolae, 1566-1569.

 So like the phoenix rising from the ashes it's back to blogging!

1 comment: