Tuesday 21 August 2012

Thing 7: Real-Life Networks

Recently I was at a number of events in the British Library and in both cases I was the only person from Ireland there. I got the impression that some of the others met each other on a regular basis or at least if some were based in London then it was good to know someone at another institution who was more accessible than someone who was in a different country.

I've become a member of CILIP as I received their email newsletter for some time but became increasingly frustrated that I couldn't access more than the headline as I'm not a member. I hope that membership will allow me to connect with more people so that if I travel to other events I may already know more people.


I'm currently finishing a MSc in ILS but once that's done I intend to do CILIP Chartership. I had wondered about how you find a CILIP mentor but recently I read an article where the mentor and mentee corresponded on Facebook as they lived some hundred miles apart in England. Good to see that Facebook is being put to use beyond photos!

I did the Myers-Brigg test and I'm an INTJ which wasn't that big a surprise. I like that you need time
 to recharge. Thing is (no pun intended!) one person's version of time sufficient is not the next. Maybe this is why I like the silent carriage on the trains where I can do all my reflective thinking!



No comments:

Post a Comment